![]() |
| My new RV, parked at my house |
Without slideouts, power windows or power mirrors, there is less to break. I like that.
Instead of flying home, I drove her home in 2 days. It took a bit of getting used to and there is a blind spot to be wary of, but she had absolutely no problems, drives like a dream (for a bouncy motor home), and I am thrilled. Comfortable speed 70 mph. John and friends lined the driveway, banging pots and pans with wooden spoons to welcome her home, and John cooked at lovely sesame/ginger stir fry for us all.
Ive been packing her and making minor improvements every day since I got her home (more on that later). I also took her to the Tanyas agility seminar just after I brought her home, and several friends got to climb in and take a look. I was proud to show her off.
Of course, the gas mileage sucks - about 8-9 mpg. OUCH! But Ive heard that if I hold my speed down to 60 mph, it will improve my gas mileage by 30-40%. In any case, I had already made up my mind that this RV isnt about saving money on lodging at agility trials or on trips. Its all about convenience, comfort and enjoyment. This is my sailboat. My sports car. My airplane. Its my luxury item.
I drove 6.5 hours the first day, pulled into the LaQuinta Inn Tallahassee where we usually stay and asked the manager if I could just park there overnight. He said sure, truckers do it all the time. So, for free, I found a safe spot right in their parking lot and hit the bed! Saved about $60 on hotel fees, which put another 15 gallons of gas in my tank, which got me another 125 miles down the road.
I got my dream RV, appropriately, from Dream RV in Bradenton, FL. They could not have been nicer about getting the unit ready for me, fixing the few cosmetic problems it had. No razzle dazzle salesmen. I feel like Ive made some good friends there, and recommend them to everyone. But I would only visit in person. The prices on the website are far jacked up from what you can get in person.
Ill show more photos and give more details as time permits.
Upwards and onward,
.jpg)
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar